Thursday, November 01, 2007

What do I seek from the someone whose gonna share her life with me...?????

Continuing with my last post and on my and on my interests, I had to sit back and think what would be the other person's interests. I tried my luck with some people whom I know are married and was astounded to find some of them had married just like that. Some of the reasons given are like they got married because they felt like getting married, they got married because of parental pressures, they got married because they fell in love etc.

Coming to love, am not a very firm believer of it may be because I fall in love atleast twice or thrice each day. Er........jsut kidding. I don't know if I chase some romance now. If at all I kind of fall in love I would marry straight away or rather within six minimum to maximum eight months from the day I fall in love. Long back I have seen my dad explain to his friend's son on how good a decently early marriage would help in life. Marry around 27 to 28 or worst 29(am 27 complete now) and start a family at the age of 30 and by the time you are 55 your first son or daughter would be able to be on their own without your help. How true it is? My dad married when he was 26 and had a kid(me) when he was 27. My mom would oft repeat these words like Prasanna, by your age your dad had a wife and a Child. I don't know why she oft mentions this but much of it has to do with my frequet travels. I am so immature enough to explain my mom the other things. To make a mistake you don't have to keep travelling you can do it in Chennai itself.

Coming back to what I seek most. The things that I seek most are trust, hope and affection. The same I can give. Irrespective of any other thing these three things keep a relationship going headstrong after years when physical attraction gets lost. When my mom married my dad he was a novice with not much of an earning and they had eloped and got married. Today there is one thing that keeps her relationship with her husband running and that is trust. She trusts man more than anything else and the man also does the same. I have wondered for years how beyond many kind of differences the relationship is still steady.

It would be always nice to have that tender touch of affection shown to you as and when possible. It is worth more than anything else in this world. The affection would mostly summarize itself as hope and trust on the other person.

Coming to what I expect....

  • The first thing is the girl must be willing to adopt. I wanna adopt one child. This has been in my mind for long enough though I have not told many about this. I wanna adopt one child preferably a female and I would love to have two kids at home other than this adopted one. This will be the first and foremost thing that I owuld like to get cleared on.
  • She should be an enthusiastic traveller. I like exploring new places especially hills. Walking down the hills on a rainy morning evening with your hands entwined is better than even heaven. Someone who likes to walk in hills. Given a chance I would prefer to spend year after year after year in hills than in a city.
  • Someone who lets me smoke. I have always promised myself that I would quit the day before my marriage. But am not commited yet so lets forget the quitting part. Rather than lying it is better to be open too.
  • I don't have much of a thought about how she is in real life. I can adjust with any type. But when it comes to difference of opinion I am not the talking part. I would run away from teh scene, switch on the music system and listen to loud music. I don't know why or it is the weird part of me but anytime am down, pepped up or about to travel loud blaring music helps me a lot. So loud music is a must atleast for me. If she is also a heavy metal listener then it would be a fantastic thing.
  • Regarding attire, what is her choice is mine but I have an eerie disliking for Sarees.

Rest as I think but for now this is fine.

5 comments:

s()ms!e said...

eeerie dislike for sarees...right opposite to my likes! hehe..bro..u never told me that..well the best thing about this post is The Trust part.. I can relate to it in a lot of ways, keepin in mind, my mom and dads relationship.. i always wonder if the same signs do exist even today.,,, New age love places a lot of things other than trust of upmost concern...for instance
1.Looks
2.Bank Balance
3.Status
4.Social Etiquette
5.Appetite (of all kinds)
6.Body language
7.Chemistry
and finally, as a last resort
7.L-O-V-E..
I duno if Trust is included in all cases except a few rare exceptions...

Good one bro..loved readin it.. pRay tht u end up with the right one..!

Divya said...

\\Coming to love, am not a very firm believer of it may be because I fall in love atleast twice or thrice each day. Er........jsut kidding.\\
ROTFL!

\\The things that I seek most are trust, hope and affection\\

May the Lord give you a trust worthy & affectionate partner!

\\The first thing is the girl must be willing to adopt. I wanna adopt one child. This has been in my mind for long enough though I have not told many about this. I wanna adopt one child preferably a female \\

I appreciate your thought!

Sharanya Rajendran said...

I loved the three things u've mentioned - trust, hope n affection. I think these are very important for a relationship to hold strong than the things mentioned by sowmya. I bless may u get the right one:) hearty wishes!

Unknown said...

you have triggered the question i've always wanted to ask myself but just too scared to ask. Y sd i get married and wat am i looking for in relationship.

it was a gud readin my fren.

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

heylo prasanna.. enna ithu.....shokka than keethu... aana could be shock for ur would be :), i mean certain points :)

interesting read