Sunday, October 21, 2007

For long time I was trying to post on these two things. More or less they were kind of formed inside my deep mind for sometime. It all started long back. Mom would often tell me she would start seeing a girl or some source would find one match possible and I would reject outright. Infact until now i have not seen a single girl with an eye on marriage. I don't know where the thought started. Last Feb / March may be when two of my younger cousins got married. Infact, in one such event my dad said there was someone who is looking for a guy and a relative asked if my dad is looking for me. Thank God, I avoided that marriage and my dad evaded possiblities. But I kind of felt mom as interested then. I have a profile in Tamil matrimony for a long time. Its been totally updated for about a year or more now and on and off I get some interest messages. Quite frankly liked one girl but never went beyond liking. Though a friend of mine did well to get me some insight on the girl later she got committted.

This particular incident and some other incidents are a culmination of this blog. I, Nirmal and Vittal went to Pondy couple of days before vittal got his first overseas assignment and it was a treat. Driving from chennai to pondy in the night was beautiful. Half an hour into the drive Vittal popped up the ultimate question that has for sometime haunted my mind. What kind of girl do you seek? Well, I evaded it saying I have not given a thought and with marriage also seemingly away in the near future I have not really thought. The second incident happened when I went to Bangalore to meet a prospective customer and I was free from around 9 30 and I called an old friend. We are three serious known through mutual friends n Chennai and the other two are seriously scouting for brides. In through the conversation i asked him how his search is going on and when I can expect a wedding feast from him. He was again evading and knowing very well he was going out steady with a girl I asked him what about his marrige for which he replied he is just waiting for his parents to find one and I was astounded and asked him what happ you were going steady with a girl right for which the reply was ya I was but we are not together these days, finally I came out to my car and we were smoking when he asked when are ye coming to Bangalore again machi? I said no plans but i wanna take a break may be will come sooner around May end or may be hit down north east with a kolkatta based friend. He asked me again if you come here I will introduce you to one girl and continued like you know her too and she is looking for a guy and tell me what kind of girl are you looking for???? The mention of the girl's name caught me unawares and I said I will think over. But the thought of meeting a girl whom I know for sometime for marriage was kind of confusing so I just moved on but it brought me back to some questions I am having now. What kind of girl am i searching for? Officially except some friends of mien nobody has asked me this questions. I don't know if my mom had ever popped up this question and I have doubts if she might also ask it too(Parents think always they do the best for their children) and for long I have been travelling enough in the recent days to think of this question. I don't know what am seeking but i have tried my best to answer myself this. WHY SHOULD I BE MARRIED? I frankly don't know. I really have no thought about it. But there are certain small small things that I have now.

  • The primary thing that am more serious about is am not gonna marry anyone from other than cities. So Chennai, Salem, Coimbatore, Madurai(am not much interested in this place though), Trichy and Salem only.
  • Secondly I would be happy to have a wife who is atleast willing to play some role in my business life in the future. Not that am averse to her working but I would be happy to have my wife part of my business.
  • Someone who knows the intricacies of business is better. Someone who should understand that I have a responsibility to feed some families on first day of the month before mine. Many a times my priority comes last.
(Contd....)

4 comments:

s()ms!e said...

DUM dum Dum..I hear the sound of wedding bells already... Bro..i think its high time you get married.... so...make up ur mind fast (I know whats going on inside tht head if urs!) ,,, ! I know its a big decision..and i trust tht u wil make the right choice in de end! all the best to u..

SierrA ManiaC said...

Thank you sister.

Sharanya Rajendran said...

Marriage talks in family is quite interesting! Yea ur right, parents never ask in the begi what kind of a person we want! I've seen this in my house for my sisters case! Good blog, and am really interested to read what kind of person you want(apart frm business angles...!) Do continue...!

Cheers,
Shara

Sleepy said...

Mmmm.. u r not very demanding.. i must say!