Sunday, March 11, 2007

To that cute girl with innocence on the bus stand....

This one was on my mind for sometime. It was like a friend of mine reports an incident that happened to her. This kind of incident is not an isolated incident and happens to many girls every day. This girl was standing rather waiting for her bus to come in a bus stand when a guy commented on her attire. Perverted @#$!%@^*. I don't wanna mouth my feeling here openly.

I have been travelling by public transport ever since I started thinking or in reality my parents had this feeling of sending me n bro to schools atleast 10 kms away from house which means pallavan transport corporation and later days metropolitan transport corporation has become an indispensible part of our daily school and college life. These kind of incidents have also become an indispensible part of my life. It was in my later teens and early twenties that I really started looking at these kind of incidents. No personal aim or anything but these incidents are widely noticeable.

I don't know why but there are many times when women in public are taken for a ride. Most of these start with the movies where heroines are not only shown as glamour dolls but also falling for the hero who most of the time would begin with ridiculing her. Whereas in reality the truth is how many girls would fall for a guy who ridicules her unnecessarily? In this particular incident my friend was left in self doubt for various reasons. Whereas I would have been happy had my friend had the guts to alteast shot at him some unwritable vocabs to begin with.

There is one story which I had often heard and would often relate with friends. Once a guy was chasing a monkey and the monkey climbed up the tree. The guy followed it up and he also climbed the tree. The monkey sensing the danger went on top of the tree and there was no way it can go beyond that. The guy chased it and he also reached the next top branch and that is where a bizaree thing happened. The monkey driven to its wits end pissed on the guy and pounced on him. Startled by this unexpected move the guy fell down and broke his crown like in Jack and Jill nursery rhyme.

Many men who behave like this in public are more happy to do this because they are not retorted back. Sadly I have not seen many women too cooperate or atleast help the wounded person to give a lesson or two. Many are quite happy to stand and watch as if these incidents are really having nothing to do with them. Some even goto the extent of asking the person to forget and move on. Shame on the people having these kind of attitude. It makes me remember a very brave person whom I used to see in the bus stand near our office around 8 30 Pm every day. This lady who looks really pretty is known for her fearlessness according to me but the same force had given her another name Bajaari or some kind of third rate person in the near by shops. As far as I know I respect her brave heart and I have seen her slap guys and twice even hit them with slippers.

Just a piece of my mind for those who read this it is always nice if you are able to give a piece of your mind or two the guy or men who does these kind of things. A hard word or two would always startle the person making him move out of the place. Usually this would do and I personally believe it is not wrong to mouth a couple of words or atleast some kind of representation to show him where he stands.

Secondly the 100 to 103 are all free calls from any mobile network in any area and this can be used to a good extent by any person to atleast warn the culprits if not catch them.

Its also good if some kind of precautionary steps can be taken like self protecting techniques or essentials of martial arts are known for every person. If not have soemthing in your bag or hand to save you. In many ways our personal security can be easily managed by ourselves and we need not be depending on a third factor for this. Just a bit of extra effort will make a big difference.

No comments: