Saturday, January 13, 2007

The moment I came close to losing my ..................

It is one of those random evenings when everything went from good to bad to worse........Those times when worse was in store for the mind. I landed or rather got deserted in Vijayawada Bus station utterly dejected. The place was abuzz with activity. Like a man in trance jaded and depressed I pulled my body towards the exit where a hundred near autos stand and a fifty something cycle rickshaws stand.

It was those early days during my Hyderabad saga and that day with sudden turn of events sending me spiralling towards Chennai. Just that morning I was looking forward to return the next day but my boss curtailed all operations and asked me to report to duty at Chennai. Still there was an evening to spend an evening to enchant myself, an evening to dream or an evening to revel in the new found fantasies that I have not explored.

I decided to take a rickshaw for two erasons a that guy was like a chatterbox and b i always thought rickshaws are economical (me being a chennaiite and I always think these autos always charge an exhorbirant sum of money for nothing) and slowly he pulled me out of the bus station. At times these rickshaw wallahs can be an imminent pain in places and this guy (later I found every rickshaw wallah in vijayawada) was not just a rickshaw fella but a third class pimp. Two in every five words he mentioned me were accidentally about women...women...women...women.

I took a long look positioned myself with his courtesy in a nice place and spent a nice time there. It was not the best of the times I had had in my life and it would may be die down down down in the list in the future bu tthen the place was good and the people were good. I slowly crawled back to the rickshaw and went to a near by hotel and was lost lost lost in the dreams.......

I slowly picked up what was left as my baggage and after having a nice time and a fantastic but costly meal took the same rickshaw fella back to the station to continue my further journey....Then something snapped.....Something in me is totally inactive and ya I find it now Ya. . Its not active why???? It
is silenced when I was inside there????. Then I find it not there. I jump down the rickshaw get into the nearest booth and get into an STD booth. Pop goes the weasel and i hear the ringing sound. 'Thank God and somebody responds.

That hello would for a long time be the best hello I have ever heard in my life and I chatter with some confidence and rush with the rickshaw fella back to the place where I spent close to an hour and take that thing back with me safe and steady.

For those wondering on the title it must be The moments I came close to losing my er..........Mobile Phone and the place which I had mentioned is nothing but one good nice browsing center in Vijayawada city.

No comments: